Followers

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Saint Patrick Day ~ At Sea Day ~ 3/17/13


 The Chiquita's want to wish everyone a ~



I, (ghjohnson)  got up at 8am, got dressed and headed for the Lido / deck 9 to fill up my coffee jug and then headed down to the El Morocco on Deck 5 for Arts and Crafts at 9am.  Today I will work on finishing my needlepoint Cruise purse and we began a new project today ~ a needlepoint Book Mark.  There were about 350 other women in the Room with us doing the exact same thing.  Barb (bgone08) saved me a seat and I saved Libby (libby10205) a seat and we all worked on our projects together.  * See below for pictures.  Deb (debkjw) showed up about  930am and sat with us and talked about upcoming cruises.  Everyone seems to have at least 1 or more booked already except me!

Around 945am both Deb and I headed up to meet up with Marla (cotatica), Judy (jigjager) and Marilyn (mdeering) for breakfast.  It is sticky bun day. Yum!  They have them every other day here on the ship.  We sat for about 1 hr together enjoying our breakfast and talking about a little of everything.  And then Judy and I headed up to Marilyn’s aft cabin so Judy could pick out 2 lanyards from Marilyn’s collection.  A few days ago Marilyn gave Deb, Marla and I the joy of going through her collection and picking out 2 each for ourselves as well.  Marilyn picks out beautiful beads and makes the most gorgeous  lanyards.  Thank you so much, Marilyn,  from all four of us.  We love you and thank you!

Today John (JWMIddleton) and I are planning the Final CC Roll Call Meet and Greet.  John secured the El Morocco Room on Deck 5, Thursday, March 21, 2013 from 3 – 5pm.  We will say our final goodbyes,  have a drink or 2,  bring business cards and a white elephant gift to exchange one with another.   *White Elephant gifts are any of those things that you do not want to pack to take home, IE: ones man’s trash is another man’s treasure . . . you get the drift.  We are giving those who bring white elephant gifts a raffle ticket to play.  You can pick a gift off the table or take one from someone else.  It should be fun.
 
Once I got the date and time from John, I went up and rewrote the CC Roll Call Group Message Board Notes on our handy dandy message board sitting on deck 9, outside the Glass Lobby elevators / heading towards the Lido pool so everyone will know what’s is going on this coming week.  Many people have been using the board by leaving notes for each other.

Most of the afternoon I spent working on finishing my 2 crafts projects.  See Pictures . . .
 Front / Needlepoint Cruise Purse
 Back / Needlepoint Cruise Purse
Bookmark

I managed to get my coveted nap in from 4 – 5pm.  Yawn!

Since today is St Patrick’s Day our table decided to dress up for the occasion.  We all showed up at 530pm for early dining and a great time was had by all.  See our Picture . . .



Back by Popular demand ~ The show tonight was David Knight ~ The Hypnotist ~ Master of Madness and Mayhem!

And later on at 9 pm in the El Morocco Room was the Punchliner Comedy Club (Adults Only 18+) starring Kenny Miller.

I am going to bed earlier than I usually do tonight because tomorrow is a Port day – Barbados . . .

Yawning, See you then!


No comments:

Post a Comment