Followers

Monday, February 18, 2013

Feb 18, 2013 ~ A Day at Sea


2/18/2013 ~
A day at sea . . .
Got up around 815am,  got dressed and headed in search of coffee ~

Found a flag hanging in the lobby and realized today is Presidents days.  *See picture . . .

Once I got my coffee I headed to Arts and Crafts in the El Morrocco Room to see what we are making today.  A beaded fish!  Since I already made 2 last week  I decided I am going to copy Libby make a beaded lanyard today, instead.    See attached picture


Deb met me around 10 am and I took my beads and followed her to the Robusto Lounge to finish my lanyard there.  Deb and I found 3 chairs facing the piano and sat down to wait to listen to Mr. Wong play the Grand piano at 11 am.  He is so talented and a joy to listen to.  Approximately 1.5 hrs of pure bliss.   All classical music and a few folksongs and  hymns at the end.   The Robusto Lounge was full to overflowing 5 days in a row.  His list looks like this ~
Revisit 20 composers from A to Z w/ Andrew Wong on the Carnival splendor  for Monday 2/18 & 2/19/2013. * Before each song he tells us the history of the song and a little about the 
composer.

Abreu, Br  ~  Tico Tico
Bach, G ~  Minuet / Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desire
Beethoven,  G ~  Moonlight Sonata, 1st and 3rd Mvt
Chopin. P ~  2 Waltzes, 4 Nocturnes, Fantasie Imp
DeBussy, F ~  Claire De Lune
Gounod, G (Bach) ~  Ave Maria (Prelude in C)
Grieg, N ~  Wedding Day
Lack*, F ~  Idilio
Liszt, H ~  Liebestraum, Consolation
Mendelssohn, G ~  On Wings of Song / Duet
Pachelbel, G ~  Canon
Paderewski, P ~  Minuet
Paradies, It ~  Toccata
Pucchini, It ~  O Mio Babbino Caro
Rachmaninoff, Rus  ~  Rhapsody  on a theme of Pagnini
Schubert, A ~  Impromtu, Ave Maria, March N
Schumann, N ~  Intermezzo, Traumerei, “Chopin”
Sinding, N ~  Rustle of Spring
Smetana, Cz ~  Theme of “Moldau”
Tchaikovsky, Russ  ~  Nutcracker Waltz od the Flowers
Plus folksongs and Hymns
Wong, Ch/Am ~  Remembrance  ~
*See Picture


Once the music was over ~ I followed Deb and Marla to the Rotisserrie for BBQ Chicken, Mac and Cheese and Corn Bead for lunch.    There was no MickeyLive Lecture today at 2pm due to Star Gazing 10pm tonight on Deck 6 forward.

So I decided to  use the Spa.  I enjoyed the Thalasotherapy pool and several of the Sauna’s including the hot beds.  Then read for a while before I took a ½ hr nap.  Dinner was at 530pm with Marla, Deb, Judy and I. 

Deb and I went to Adults Comedy at 845pm and afterwards due to rough seas and high winds the 10pm Star Gazing with MickeyLive was cancelled ~ but a lot of people never got that message . . . because the door to deck 6 forward  right outside of my cabin door banged for a long, long time as people went in and out to see the stars.

. . . Took me a long, long time to get to sleep! 

No comments:

Post a Comment