Followers

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Feb 10, 2013 ~An "At Sea" Day ~



Good Morning Fellow Carnival Cruisers,

Today,  is an "At Sea" day.   

Several of us slept in and were lazy!  Deb, Marla, Judy and I arranged to meet up at 1130am for Comedy Brunch.  The menu in there is absolutely delicious!

I was up and ready to leave my cabin around 830am – I had been given Valentine Stickers by Deb and Marla from their cabin for myself and Kinnely to place on our cabin mirror’s in preparation for Valentines day. 

So, I called Mickey,  Kinnely’s dad to make sure they were up and available and stopped by to give them to her.  They were just getting ready to go up to the Lido for breakfast – so I joined them for about 20 minutes.  Long enough to drink a hot yummy cocoa & cold delicious orange juice.

Then it was off to Arts and Crafts at 930am.  They made Post A Note holders with cardboard, glue and different colored tissue paper.  I was given my scissor holder embroidery case pkg from a few days back.  Barbara (bgone08) invited me to sit at her table and we both worked on our projects together for a while.

Around 1030 am – I headed to the gift shop to check out the Costume Jewelry Sale – And I spotted in the corner behind a cash register, a set of the cutest Pigeon sculptures you ever saw.  Christiane, the head of the gift shops – allowed me to buy them early . . .  They are now safely tucked away in the back of my closet ~ still in their Styrofoam / boxes ready to by packed for home bound travel 40+ days from now.

By now it is about 11am, so I headed down to the 3rd floor lobby found Deb reading and sat down to work on my scissor case art project again. 

Judy and Marla showed up around 1130am and we all headed into the Deck 3 Black Pearl Comedy Club for Brunch and a good time was had by all. 

2pm had us all waiting patiently to hear MickeyLive’s talk about the next 3 ports ~ Manta, Lima and Arica.  And none to soon ~ a very loud booing fuss was stirred when the Shorex guy told us everyone we all were going to have to pay $8.00 each to get from the ship to the termianl gate and back again and there are no Port Info or Maps available for any port   . . .   

*Many of us from the 2009 Salsa's Cruise have maps ~ and they are available now  . . .   ie: Here is one for Lima *

























Not long afterwards MickeyLive's talk, Malcolm the CD got on the horn and said ~ oops ~ they (Carnival) made a mistake and it would not cost anything to get to the terminal gate for anyone. And yes, their would be Port Info and Maps would be made available for everyone ~ Halleluyah!  

And We all would have to get shuttle tickets to get off this ship just like when we use the tenders . . . Darn!  Now to figure how to get my group all off together ~ Hmmmm?

Dinner for our group is 5pm.  And Showtime with the Dancers is 8pm.  All was very, very good. 

Deb and I went to Adult Comedy in Punch-liners at 945pm and it was great.  I never laughed so much!

Around 1045pm we both headed for our separate cabins and a nice warm bed!

We had a thoroughly wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the informative post. It's nice to have "day in the life" posts to hear about what goes on while at sea. Gracias!

    ReplyDelete